Here’s a list of things that West Valley City has accomplished during Don Christensen’s time on the city council:
Fairbourne Station and downtown area planned and wisely developed:
- Embassy Suites Hotel
- ICO Apartments Phase 1 completed and fully rented
- ICO Apartments Phase 2 in planning stage
- Granger Medical Center relocating and building new office
- Major Class A Office building nearing completion
- New Public Safety building nearing completion
- Revitalized Valley Fair Mall with many new businesses
5600 West has become a major business center:
- Many new restaurants and eateries
- Remodeled Walmart
- Deseret Industries complex
- Salt Lake Community College
Other exciting things are in the works
- Two new emergency health care facilities have been built
- Granite School District opened an Employee Wellness Center
- 4100 South is being rebuilt from Bangerter Highway to 5200 West
- Mountain View Corridor has been extended through the city
- The Ridge Golf Course was rebuilt using money from the State
- The basement of the Utah Cultural Celebration Center has been ompleted, opening up more convention usage and income
- WestFest Parade was resumed and WestFest continues to celebrate our city each year
- Public Service salaries have drawn closer to statewide averages
- City Departments continually receive national, state and other awards for their outstanding work
- The West Valley Animal Shelter became a no-kill facility
- New skate park was built thanks to tenacious public involvement
- Two new fire stations have been built and others rebuilt and enlarged
- FreePort West a large warehouse and shipping center has been built
- TRAX and MAX bus now serve West Valley City
- English Language Learners Awards continue to be presented by the City Council.
- The Youth City Council was revitalized, training our outstanding youth in how to serve in the city.
- West Valley Warriors have been State Rugby Champions for four years in a row.
- Animal Shelter Adoption Policy was changed to allow four dogs or cats per household.
- City is replacing all street lighting with LED bulbs as the old ones fail.
- Maverick Center was renamed from the E-Center and has become energy efficient, with new lighting and equipment.
- Home 2 Suites opened in West Valley City.
- Free summer concerts have continued every summer at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center.
- As the city replaces fleet vehicles every year, we are getting hybrid vehicles whenever possible.
My pledge as your city council member ~
I pledge to continue the significant community and economic development, community improvements, and city relationships in the future.